Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas is approaching FAST... and we're READY!!!

Good evening, it's me Raegan... I got away from playing with Riley to catch you up on what we've done this week.  Earlier this week, mommy and daddy got out Christmas decorations!  We sang Christmas carols and ate these yummy striped peppermint sticks that look like J's... 
I (Raegan) helped mommy put labels on Christmas cards to get them mailed out early this year.  You can tell I was working hard, so when she wasn't looking, I tried to surprise her with what I thought was a big help... she and daddy giggled a lot when they saw me...I love stickers!!!
While I was helping mommy with the cards, Riley was helping daddy with making Bumpa's pecan rolls... we sure didn't realize how long it takes for dough to rise!  WOW... it took some patience to finally get to eat them... but well worth the wait... THEY WERE GOOD!!!
The best part of it all.... THE GOOP!  That sugary stuff that's all over the pecans.... mmmm....
Mommy and daddy told us about a guy named Santa Claus.... I guess he has two names... St. Nicholas.. hmmm...  I'm hoping he'll stop by our house this year...mommy and daddy says he hasn't lost track of our family... he knows where we are :)... so when it get's closer, we're going to bake him some treats and put it out for him... 
We were in charge of decorating the tree all by ourselves... wait until you see what we've done!!!  All the balls, and shiny bulbs that they called "ornaments" were put on the tree by my sister and I.  As you can see, they are all nicely placed throughout the bottom of the tree... We are so proud of it, and mommy and daddy tells us it's the prettiest tree we've ever had!  Good job sister!  We did it!  Now... countdown to Christmas!!! 

No comments: